for May 28 - June 3, 2017
- Alleluia! He is Risen!
- May is CSA (Catholic Services Appeal) Month. Pledge cards have been sent to parishioners. Or you may pledge online. We have only reached about half our goal. In advance, thank you for your generosity to this fund.
- Read Fr. Scullin's letter to the parish here.
- Please help us clean up the parish grounds on Saturday, June 3 starting at 9:00am with your garden tools.
- Do not miss the one day seminar on Mental Health First Aid which will be held on Saturday, June 3 from 9:30 to 3:00 in the Parish Center. Contact Cathy Hardaway, 313-863-0750, Jackie Fulbright, 313-891-8713, or Deborah Hill 313-861-2620 to register.
- Painting fire hydrants for credit on Gesu's water bill! Contact Anita Sevier at Sevier.email@example.com for details and paint during May, June & July, you get to pick the date.
- We will celebrate Pentecost on Sunday, June 4 with one Mass at 9:30 and by wearing red!
- Gesu will also mark Pentecost by collecting donations for Freedom House, a temporary home for survivors of persecution from around the world. Please bring personal care items (bar soap, razors, toothpaste, tooth brushes, etc.) to Mass on June 4.
- A Pentecost Family Pizza Party will be held immediately following Mass on June 4 for all families with children. Contact Kathy Harvey for details and to RSVP, 586-202-0317 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Gesu School Social Hall will be under construction this summer, from June 5 thru August.
- We will be celebrating graduates the weekend of June 10 & 11. Add the name of your graduate - from kindergarten to graduate school - on the sign-up sheet in the Social Area of the Church.
- Sr. Angela is looking for summer help with Children's Liturgy of the Word. Please contact her if you can help with this program.
- Altar Servers for 5:00 pm and 8:00 am Masses are needed. Can you help?