for July 23 - 29, 2017
- The IHM Sisters will be selling raffle tickets in August after Mass. Can you help? There is a sign-up sheet in the Social Area of the Church.
- Our annual Parish Picnic will be Sunday, August 6 from Noon to 7:00pm on Belle Isle at Shelter #2. Hot dogs will be served at 1:00 & 4:00, please bring a side dish to share.
- Please consider donating school supplies for children in foster care. Catholic Charities of SE Michigan Adoption and Foster care services has requested Gesu collect enough to fill 45 backpacks. You many bring your donation to the Social Area of the Church July 29 & 30 or Aug. 5 & 6.
- PIME Missionaries, located at 17330 Quincy, will be having their annual picnic on August 15 from 6:00 to 9:00pm. Please RSVP at 313-342-4066.
- Read Fr. Scullin's letter to the parish here. We will be celebrating Fr. Scullin's tenure Saturday, Sept. 9 following the 5:00 Mass in the soon to be renovated School social hall. More details to come.
- Welcome to Fr. Stephen Wolfe, S.J. who will be spending a year in Detroit. Fr. Wolfe was ordained this June.
- Please keep Fr. Phil in your prayers as he goes through Tertianship, the final stage of Jesuit formation that leads to final vows.
- The Archdiocese and Catholic Charities of SE Michigan are planning a 6 day neighborhood clean-up, July 31 - August 5 of 360 city blocks. Go to www.aod.org/liferemodeled for details and registration.
- Save the Dates
- St. Peter & Paul will be taking a riverboat cruise on Sunday, Sept. 17 starting at 1:00pm and we are invited.
- The Detroit Catholic Pastoral Alliance will be holding Ministers of Service Training on Saturdays from August 12 to September 30. Contact John Thorne 313-922-1435 for details.
- The Detroit Mass Mob will visit Gesu Sunday, October 15 at 10:30am Mass.